Thursday 30 April 2015

Outdoor Blogger of 2015 Finalist!


I'm pleased to announce that this blog has been nominated for the Simply Hike Outdoor Blogger of 2015 awards! There was over 1000+ entries, and as far as I'm aware I got nominated for a few categories, but have been shortlisted in the climbing category! I'm such a proud blog owner. This little blog has only been running for 4 months and I've only been climbing for just over a year. To be shortlisted in a category of 8, when all of the other bloggers in my category are either professional/full time climbers or have sponsors is a huge achievement for me. 

If you would like to vote the link to the website is http://www.simplyhike.co.uk/blog/outdoor-blogger-awards-2015/. I'm really excited and will appreciate any support that I can get. Whilst you're over there my other half (The Electronic Mountain Leader) has also been nominated in the Camping category so if you could spare a vote for him too that would be amazing. Without him I wouldn't even have this blog as I wouldn't be doing much climbing if at all any so I have a lot to be grateful for. 

I was asked whether I get paid to do this blog or if I get any prize money, and the answer is no. I do this blog completely as a hobby and do not get paid for it (as you can see through the lack of advertisements). With regards to the competition the top 4 receive trophies and the winner receives the opportunity to guest blog for Simply Hike. So as you can see this is an amazing achievement for me, and is the only thing keeping me going through my revision for my last ever Law exams at the moment.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for reading and the continuing support. Also good luck to everyone else who has been shortlisted.

Here's to the future


-Emma 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome post. Most informative. I have read your article post. I give a vote. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete